Friday 31 March 2023

I Didn't Like It


It's not often I'll come home from my first walk and say I'm not going back, but today I did. The mist was so thick that by the time I saw the digger on the track I was almost in him. Well slight exaggeration I had seen the lights from far enough, but without them, well it would have been a disaster. In their wisdom to improve the track they've made it worse, I guess in time it'll settle, but at the moment it's a nightmare! 
I could hear John's whistle, but couldn't see him or his dogs, but what was mostly unnerving was that I could only just make out the large wagons going up and down to the quarry. Now if I could only just see them then I worried that they would not see one of the dogs should they head off in the wrong direction. Sammi and Ross love to run, luckily one call and they both come flying back, but "what if?," was all I could think. I imagined Orin deciding he needed to pee on the other side of the track, as he does. Now the sun may shine out of his back side, but I also know exactly who he is. He's no Tali, she'd just say "Feck off I'm doing this," he's more a "Hang on a minute I'll be there when I've done this," kind of guy. Seriously, if he did throw a deaf one and go over the track, well those guys would never be able to stop in those slate laden lorries. No, I didn't like it and I wasn't going back!