Monday 6 March 2023

Day 1 And Crufts

Well here we go, Siska has come in season this morning. Between her and her mother hormones have been raging recently. So the wheels will now be set in motion, I've informed Joe and checked back on the blog to the previous season for when we need to get a blood test taken. I'm opting for day 11 as the boys were showing interested in her that day last time, of course having them will help me make last minute changes to the plan should I need too. I will update my blog regularly up to the day of mating, but as usual I will not be posting anything on Facebook. Siska's diary will then be kept secret from all until after the scan day when good or bad news will be posted. 
It's Crufts on Friday, it'll only be day 5, so she's going, unless we are snowed in of course! Yesterday we travelled an hour to a limit show. Though there were no breed classes the judge was an experienced breed judge. Siska was 2nd to a PMD in her class and Kaiah won open. Kaiah was challenging for the group but it was given to a lovely Briard who also went BIS. The judge was very nice and said "almost" to Kaiah!!! 
I read a rather cynical post on a friends page this morning. She suggests that on the weekend before Crufts everyone is posting photos of their dogs in a bid to promote them for the big day. Obviously there is a lot of backlash from the post with the green eyed monster loving it. If I thought a photo of my dog had any chance of influencing the judge then surely I would chose a better photo than the one we used yesterday? Maybe I'll sit her on her chair by the ring for the morning at Crufts to see if the judge recognises her? How fecking funny!!!