Sunday 1 September 2013

Think I Was Wrong

 Reading up on hip scoring, as I have done numerous times over the years I realise that Jezi scored nothing on the femoral head of the left hip, and "The normal FH should have a smooth roundish profile, but the shape may vary considerably!"
But she scored 3 on Norberg angle, 3 on subluxation, 3 on cranial acetabular edge, 2 dorsal acetabular edge and one on cranial effective acetabular rim.
Greek to you? Have a look at this .... it's very interesting.
http://www.powerscourt-cockers.co.uk/advice_pages/kc_hip_scheme_procedure.htm

Secondly, since Blade got BIS from a veteran class in Merioneth in 1999 it has since dawned on me that he therefore did not compete in breed classes. So, it's only 3 BOB in over 20 years ..... makes it sound even worse! Especially when I've had BOB with different dogs at some shows year in year out! I have a second "Unlucky show," Pwllheli C.S show, that's in October. I go every year to support them, but rarely win! Ah well that's the way it goes!