Wednesday 14 December 2011

This Week

Linda with Lexi and me with Jezi and Ziva
Just thought I'd share this photo with you of Linda with Lexi and me with Jezi and Ziva taken on Monday. It was nice to catch up but Lin and I knew full well we should have been doing something better with someone far better looking!!!
I had another enquiry about the pups today, the 3rd this week. Nice man, with 2.5acres of land in a rural location. His dogs have the run of the property by day but sleep in kennels at night. Shame really, but I had to say no! These pups are so use to their home comforts I just couldn't do that to them... it just wouldn't be fair, would it?
We are also back in a dilemma, we can't make up our minds which of the pups are staying here long term. I guess my gut feelings about keeping litter sisters together have always been right, more often than not it just doesn't work. I've always preached that I would never sell sisters to anyone, In my opinion it's usually a recipe for disaster....and yes now I'm contemplating doing it myself.
Steve with Danni and Enya
To be honest I really doubt Ziva and Jezi will be able to live together long term, I guess they are too similar and both quite firey. We had quite a serious scrap between them the other night and it took the two of us to split them up. Neither would back down and Jezi ended up with a gash on her face. (Though I hasten to add ... she started it) Neither can I ignore the fact that Danni is Steve's baby, I think it would break his heart to give her up. I can't imagine someone telling me now that I'd have to give up Ziva, well simply I just wouldn't do it! So maybe I need to forget my second "show dog" concentrate on Ziva and let Danni stay at home with her Stevie and be a couch potato she seems to be. Her character is quite different, being more submissive I think there would be a better chance of her getting on with Ziva. Since I also still have my reservations about her legs selling her would be more difficult, here we would know that "if" there is going to be issues she'll get the best of everything we can give her. So my conclusion today is, logically maybe we should try and find a home for Enya and Jezi .... but being honest, being logical can be quite hard sometimes!!!!