Saturday 26 November 2011

Not A Rant ... Honest!!

Lord Of The Lovelies
This week ...
Well where do I start? With my darling George I guess.  There's all kinds of speculation written about him in the press and I guess my head is a little cabbaged at the moment. Yet again the news is totally inconsistent, he has everything from being in a coma to having a heart condition. Of course the gutter press have also tactfully mentioned Aids in their report, again. Notice I said tactfully, wouldn't be the first time Yog has sued them! Still over the years I have learnt to never believe what I read in a rag or on their Internet sites. I, at least will wait for "official" news.
Ok, I'm gutted, I'm honestly gutted for two reasons. Firstly I'm gutted my idol is ill and I'm worried about him. His health as always, is paramount. Like it or not, George is such an important part of my life, and has been for so long that I feel like a member of my immediate family is in his predicament. My heart goes out to you Georgios.
Secondly a selfish part of me is gutted for me, gutted that this year I'm missing out on my GM fix. I so needed to see him, so needed a break from what is sometimes a mundane existence. I really needed to get away and loose myself in Yog World, If only for a day or two I needed it. I guess I'm tired, hell I've not had a holiday since 1995 ... Oh No, don't feel sorry for me, I have a lovely husband and It's my choice to have so many animal.  I wouldn't have it any other way, but sometimes we all need something else to focus on, we all need our escapism.
George my lovely, Get Well soon ... We will be waiting.
Jezi Baba, Enya May and Ziva David
We had a couple of calls about the pups this week. One lady really impressed me, and I actually thought, yeah, I'll sell you one of my precious girls. I spent sometime talking to her and leading her through the website and Tali's Tails. I was impressed and happy and thought Enya would be the ideal pup for her situation. I even got as far as organised a friend in her area to do a home visit. To come home from work the next day and find an e.mail from her saying she realised we are too far was very upsetting. Anyway her loss .... Enya is a star and I'd travel to the end of this earth for her!
Talking of Enya May I had to take her to the vets this week, she had a lump the size of an egg on her head. It was enormous, though didn't seem to bother her. The vet diagnosed that she had hit the crown on her head, probably during rough and tumble with her sisters. It may take weeks to go down completely, but no harm done! He also diagnosed that that the spots on her belly is teenage acne which will eventually go away.
Danni
I also took Danni for a check up. As I'm sure most of you know Danni's legs were badly bent when she was born, this was due to being so small and being squashed in the uterus by her larger siblings. I suppose naturally she would not have survived as she could not get herself about to feed. But we made sure she got her share and she's here to tell the tale today. As she strengthened her legs straightened and seemed normal by the time she was up and about. (about 2 weeks old) Anyway she now has huge bone and has recently developed a very untidy gait. The vet suggested that her only problem is looseness of joints and ligaments ... Though obviously no guarantees it looks like there is nothing to worry about. (But I still will!)
Jezi is living up to her name ... Truly a witchy poo puppy....Guess I best say no more incase she puts a spell on me!
Ziva is the apple of my eye, though I'm upset that a catalogue of events at ring craft seem to have affected her temperament. This is a very vulnerable age and sadly Ziva seems to have blow everything out of proportion. I know Cesar Milan says to "live for the now," but sadly bad experiences at this age can affect the character of a puppy. I've never had to deal with a nervous puppy before and I'm really finding it quite disheartening. Hell I know what to do, I've told hundreds over 20 odd years of instructing but I guess it's different when it's you and yours. Over 20 years of owning this breed and this is a new ball game for me. Still whatever happens, baby Ziva is here with me to stay.
Dexi
I had a phone call from a lady early in the year wanting to use one of the boys at stud. Sadly the bitch wasn't hip score and I declined. Anyway the lady rang me back months later and said the bitch, Tara, had had her hips done and had a total score of 9. She was well bred, actually going back to our Dexi through her bitch line, we agreed she would use Mikey on the bitch. When Kiri and Louis leave us then Dexi will no longer be in a pedigree in this house as my line has continued on from his sister Seffe so I was very interested in this mating going ahead. Of course at that time little did i think I would have 4 little girls of my own here now.
Kai
Anyway Tara came to visit Mikey several times last week and they got on really well, but sadly, I guess due to his inexperience Mikey was not able to mate her. Luckily Mikey is not the only health tested male in the house so it was Kai to the rescue! The older boy had no problems with taking over the job and showing the youngster just how it's done!!!! So hopefully there will be a baby "Nico" joining our family next year ... Even if he has got a different father to the one in my plans!!!!
Hopefully I'll have a photo of Tara to share with you shortly and watch this space for news.....