Tuesday 20 July 2010

Heal The Pain

The pain woke me up at about 5am and I crawled out of bed to deal with it. I was met in the kitchen by Jamie, the only other member of the family awake at stupid O'clock today. We shared a few precious moments, along with glass of milk and a couple of jaffa cakes, I returned to bed to try for the last hours sleep before the inevitable screech of the alarm at 6.45am. I Curled up in a ball, hoping the intense heat would soon sooth the pain, and that was just the first time today that I though of you. That was when I remembered that you broke into my dreams last night, and for me it had all felt so real.
No, not a naughty dream, damn I'm never that lucky! You were just there talking to me and a few friends, just there like any other person in my life. I don't even remember what we talked about but I remember your smile and how it warmed up my heart. I remember my delight at being in your company. Your hair was longer than it is now, like it was 2 years ago when I was last privileged enough to share an evening with you. And stubble... you had stubble too. I noticed your hands, the ring still on your left hand and you wore jeans and the blue shirt you had on in Oz. I felt warm and safe and relaxed. I smiled to myself as I went through the dream in my head over and over again, and that's when I realised...The pain had gone!
Relaxed I drifted off to sleep, though it was not long before the silence was broken and the screeching alarm woke up the whole house. Finlay stretched and yawned, Asha started to winge and the cats came from all different directions for their brecfast. And me? I remembered you where there, but I wished it was still yesterday......