Saturday 5 September 2009

Update


I was happily doing ring Craft with Kai on Thursday at dog club when Steve walked into the hall, I just knew what was going on before he even opened his mouth.
Anyway..The catalogue of events where as follows... The van is temporarily dead so when I left for dog club in the estate at 5.45pm I left Steve with no transport. My mobile rang as soon as I got there, I answered it, it was work related! Then someone started sending me joke text messages and as I had a class to teach I switched the ringer off and left my phone in my coat pocket. A little later I took my coat off and flung it on a chair in the corner of the room.
Storm had gone down hill quickly again, just like she had done when I was at WKC 10 days earlier. Steve was in a tiss...he'd tried to phone me 10 times and had then thought he'd have to ring around to get help to get her down to the village for me to see her. Luckily he rang Linda and her mobile was in the Caravan, Frank answered it and bought him down. I immediately called the vets and we faced the painful 30 min journey yet again! She had a very high temp and was hugely swollen. Thank God, not another torsion but her stomach was full of undigested food. Her guts are not working properly are inflamed, infection is present- possibly a low grade peritonitis again. Whilst we had another sleepless night Storm spent another night on the drip at the vets.
A little bit more information ...I googled the word "ileus" and this is almost exactly what the vet told us and what we saw on the x.ray's.
"Distended loops of gas-filled bowel (intestine) resulting from absence or weak parastalsis ( paralytic ileus) or from intestinal obstruction (obstructive ileus); gas component is due to concurrent action of gas-producing bacteria."
These loops where everywhere in her intestine and would explain her rather rotund outline. The problem is that I feel that no one seems to know what to do about it! I feel very deflated and tearful. I also feel that I have been going on about her strange shape since she was taken in 10 days ago and the right people did not listen to me!!!