Tuesday 11 January 2011

Amazing


Thank you so much to my lovely friends at the Nantlle Vale Dog Training Club for organising for me to get this wonderful pencil drawing of Louis as a leaving present from the club. Believe me this photo taken with my phone does the actual picture no justice. Also a huge thank you to Louise for her hard work. She is so talented and the drawing without question truly captures My Mr Amazing.
I'm sorry I was not able to come to the club to collect my gift but considering what is going on in my life at the moment, I'm not in the right frame of mind for any get together. I am honestly sorry if I upset anyone, or ruined any plans.
I guess this is the end of an era. I've been an instructor at this club since I joined in 1988. I've seen so many members, as well as instructors come and go...and I've seen many stay and most importantly made some fantastic friends. But my circumstances have now changed and I can no longer give the commitment to the club that I have given for over 20 years. Believe me this has not been an easy decision, the club has been a huge part of my life and along with my other passions in life it has helped me through the hard times. But sadly, for me anyway, it is time to say goodbye.
As a child in 1979 I went with my Grandmother and her little Sheltie, Sandy to the Porthmadog and District Dog Training Club, and I loved it! I stayed a member of the club until it closed in around 1982/3. Some of the instructors at that club then went on to form another club in Pen-Y-Groes, this was later to become The Nantlle Vale Dog Training Club. As soon as I got my driving license I started to make the weekly trips from Porthmadog to Pen-Y-Groes to the club.
In 1991 the club sent me on a course with The British Institute Of Professional Dog Trainers and I qualified as an instructor. One condition of the course was that I stay with the club for the next 3 years....I guess I may have overstayed my welcome then!!!
I guess they won't be getting rid of my completely, I will carry on visiting the club regularly with my dogs to support the Ring Craft, and hopefully many future generations of "Blanik" GSD's will learn their ring etiquette at the Nantlle Vale Dog Training Club.
I wish the club and all it's members all the best for the future!