Thursday 6 May 2010

If I told you that..


This poor dog who was found by work men tied to recycling bins in a local village this morning. (Pen Y Groes) He is battered and emaciated and has clearly recently suffered a major head trauma. But the neglect must have been going on for a long time as he has no muscle and can barely walk. He is blind in one eye but seems to have a little bit of sight in the other...what will become of him? Who could do this to an old dog? I don't know, but he is currently at the vets on a drip. I feel sick to my stomach that this could happen anywhere in the world but to find this on my own doorstep frightens me.( and when I say him, it could be a her..didn't really look, we had more pressing things to worry about.. )

I've been back to the vets and his face is so swollen he can't open his eyes, but at least he is able to hold his head up unaided now. If he makes it through the night then we will have to make a decision about his future depending on the vets report. Though the charity has a non-distruction policy, that obviously applies to health animals, We will obviously do what is best for the old guy.