Saturday 26 July 2008

My Sunshine



This time last year I was in the middle of my misery...Dexi had died late June and the shock of loosing Seffe on the 15th of July had left me in tatters. Thank God I didn't know what was yet to come!!!!
So it was a year ago to this week-end that a little bit of "Sunshine" came into my life. To think back now that up until then he was just a "dead man walking" still haunts me. He was just 2 days away from death when I agreed to "foster" him. This morning, as he often does on a week-end, fat boy Finn climbed onto the bed cuddled up for five minutes or so before rolling around biting at the duvet..."time to feed me please!" I did winge a little as I though of "what could have been," Thank god it never was!!!! (and that kennel is still putting health dogs to sleep on a regular basis) I look at this beautiful dog and I just can't get my head around it...I just can't.
I show GSD's so I honestly have never had time for "Whites" but where rescue is concerned colour really doesn't come into it. I love this dog for who he is.This is not an aggressive dog nor a nervous dog...this is not in any way a problem dog. This is Finlay, goofy, funny and playful. His only crime was to have owners who just didn't care! His life was simply not worth the £45 fine to them, and now he means the world to us. Finlay was my "sunshine on a rainy day."
So...A year on and four beautiful friends lost....but never ever forgotten.
Now there's no more time to dwell on the past....Brand new friendships have been made...and memories of those that I was privileged to have loved usually bring a smile instead of a tear.
To End....I thank god for my new friend...My "Sunshine."