Friday 31 May 2024

Loving Life

Yesterday I had long chats with two friends. One whose husband has had serious heart problems and is now slowly recovering. She said she worries so much about him and that he looks drawn and ill. Though Steve had two heart attacks, he was treated by fitting 4 stents, my friend husband had 5 heart grafts (5 bypasses) and therefore his healing time will obviously be longer. She said he is looking drawn and old, well that's exactly how Steve looked a year ago, but now he does look better. I told her that I had worried myself sick over two years of cancer and heart problems, but now I was refusing to let "What could/will happen in the future" ruin our lives together. Life is for living, and as best as we can, enjoying. 
Then I talked to Linda, Mark's widow. As you can imagine, she is broken and sees no end to her pain. My heart goes out to her as she tries to sort out the legalities as well as deal with heartbreaking loss. Yes life is for living guys ... and try not to think about what is around the next corner, just concentrate on the straight bit ahead!