Saturday 25 May 2024

Bits About Bath

 Well it took 4 hrs and 15 mis straight drive to get there, but 6 hrs and 15 mins with one 20 min break to get back. I knew we'd hit Friday night traffic on the M4, but it was still frustrating. Would I do it again? Of course, next year! lol 
The judging was again beyond my understanding, particularly in males. I've said before that I understand a different interpretation to the standard, but the mixing of types for class wins is something that will never make sense to me. 
Orin was 4th out of 5, again disappointing but as I've said the game we play. He went well and looked impressive, apart from when he was air scenting me!  Beti lacked a little spark, but obviously gave enough to win her class and then be Best Puppy In Breed over the male puppy. With her handler in the adult group Beti was rushed into the puppy group and unfortunately didn't give the best performance, ah well, that's life! 
Before the judging of Beti's class Sarah overheard a conversation that another puppy was going to win, and that this would be the puppy challenging for Best Puppy In Breed, the satisfaction was immense!!!
The journey home was long, hot and tiresome ... after leaving Fron at 3.45am I got home at 11.15pm ... Wow .. What a day!