Tuesday 8 October 2024

Poo Loki

I love the dog, there are no qualms about that. He is a super older chap, but the incontinence is sometimes difficult to cope with. This morning, his crate was so full of shit that you would think it hadn't been cleaned in days. How could one dog shit so much in one night? Most mornings there is only a lump or so, either cold where he was sleeping, or warm and fresh as he's got to his feet as he hears us getting up. Sorry for the gory detail, but if you are dog people, then you'll get it. I have to admit that this morning it made me feel sick, but the boy somehow had nothing on him.
One thing that does concern me is that he's obviously not getting the nutrients he should be from his food, there must be a malabsorption problem. I give him yudigest as well as yogurt for good bacteria, I don't really know what else to give him. Whilst I'm not concerned that he's thin, it's healthier for him than if he was heavy, but it does concern me that he's not getting the nutritional value that he should be getting from his food.