Monday 7 October 2024

One Of Those Days

Steve needed to take his car to the garage today, so he dropped me and Zeus off and we walked home.A nice walk, but a terrifying last few minutes working my way through the cattle and their calves to get back. I changed my route once to get away from the young calves and found myself walking straight into 6 black cows, so then there was no option other than to back track and sneak through the middle. 10 out of 10 to Zeus for excellent behaviour. 
I took the 4 up in the van, but as well as several pockets of sheep there was one lone cow to avoid. We did OK, mooching rather than marching, but it couldn't be helped. On the way back, I took the van towards the cow .. just to make sure she was OK. By her side was a newborn calf. I really don't think this is fair, in my opinion this is not farmers looking after their animals. What if she'd had difficulty giving birth? Does anyone really care about these animals? I think not! 
I opted to go to the other side of the village to walk Orin and Siska and we wandered off to Llyn Cop. Whilst it was lovely the peace was ruined by continued shouting on Mynydd Cilgwyn! I guess it was just one of those days! 
Some time out in the field for Meerah.