Tuesday 8 October 2024

Ears, Eyes , Coats And Tails

Meerah has one ear that is now pretty strong, the other hasn't got there yet, but I'm sure it will as it's on the move. The Fransisco litters had such strong ears, so I'm hoping that will carry through to his grandchildren. We haven't had soft ear problems here since the H litter, and that was a sibling to the bitch line. It would be great to see Meerah with both up before teething, as they are likely to collapse again then.
Currently, Meerah has black eyes, not sure if they will lighten a tad like her father, but I would love it if she hangs on to black eyes like Kaiah. As I've said before, I'd love her to be the same but different. I think I know what I mean, but I'm not sure I could explain myself.  
Meerah now has a black mark in the middle of her tail, it's very early on to be new coat, but it is shiny so it could be. She doesn't have as much coat as Beti, or as Siska had at the same age. To be honest, I was aware from the beginning that she was less coated, but that factor was not a sufficient for me to change my choice, as coat and colour are just the finishing touches. My experience is that puppies with profuse coats have better coats as adults, but as we've learned recently, there are a few exceptions. I can't really think that she will not have enough coat. With her mother having a profuse coat and her father being a LSH it really shouldn't be a concern. Genetics dictate that she will be a LSH carrier, so hopefully she will have the coat required to finish the picture. 
Usually with my black and tan pups I have an idea of what the end colour will be, all I can say about Meerah is that she is a pretty similar colour to Ross at the same age. Watching the changes will be fascinating.