Thursday 17 October 2024

ACP and Falls

A quick chat with the vet about some "issues" on Tuesday and she agreed to give me some ACP for Zeus. Tonight we added them to his dinner and within about 30 mins he was "drunk." Though he continued to growl, he didn't have the energy to fight, we muzzled him, and we were able to cut out the knots by his tail and cut his nails. I really do feel a failure that I have to resort to these measures to handle this dogs, but keeping everyone, including him, safe is paramount. 
This morning the Meerah alarm went off at 7.30am. I'm happy with that, a clean bed is important. After letting her, Beti and the oldies out (Quick Captain Shitalot out you go) I went back into the bedroom to get dressed .. somehow I tripped and landed on my hands and knees on the bedroom floor. Steve's classic line of the day was, "What did you do?" Well I bloody fell, what do you think I did?  Anyway, I couldn't jump back up and I became aware of Zeus putting his head on my shoulder, he started to growl, but this time I honestly didn't feel threatened. I stroked him under his chin and just said, it's Ok, not your fault, good lad mate. Steve said that at the time his tail was wagging, giving a mixture of emotions, he was probably very unsure and tense. Anyway I got up and feeling a little worse for wear I carried on with my morning chores. After feeding everyone I go outside, every day every water bowl/buckets needs washing and refilling, every bit of poo needs picking up, (Numerous times a day) and the yard needs washing down with disinfectant to clear it of boy pee smells. Before any canine can go in the garden I have to look for cat poo or dead bodies ... simply it's life before breakfast! 
After breakfast, I went to the fields and the second one to fall today was Loki. "What did you do Loki?" 😁Well, Beti ran into him. Though she's about 12kg lighter than him, he no longer has the strength to stay standing as the whirlwind flew into him. No one's fault, just one of those things! Anyway a couple of limps, a quick cuddle and a rub and he was off as if nothing had happened, unlike me, as I'm still complaining about my knee, my back and my hands. Though of the day, "be more Loki!" (Well apart from the pooing in the bed!) Loki is going for his injection tomorrow, I do want to discuss his poor coat and skin quality with the vet it could well be a side effect of his medication but knowing would be good!