Wednesday 5 June 2024

Siska Said "No!"

Well, no mating today. Lucca was very enthusiastic, but Siska said "No!" So here's hoping that mother nature has told her there is no need for further matings! If her eggs are already fertilised then Siska will no longer "want" the mating, but boys will be boys and of course Lucca was more than willing today. I'm so pleased to have had  matings early after ovulation - "Breed early for bitches," and I want a Siska daughter, a Kaiah granddaughter! If the money pot was bottomless, I'd test again tomorrow just to see what the result was, but it's not, so I won't! 
Another mating may have helped Lucca build up confidence and gain experience, and would have help him and I start to build a rapport if I'm going to manage his future studs. More than one mating does not mean larger litters, the dogs produce millions of sperm, but the bitch will only have so many eggs to fertilise, some may only have one, some may have double figures. 
I have started Siska's diary, I do hope there is a better conclusion to it than last time. It will be updated regularly, but for my sanity, it will not be publish until after the scan at 5 weeks. I will not be posting anything on Facebook, so what's written on the blog, stays on the blog ... Please. 
I have to share this photo of busy-body Beti ... "Can I join in? I like Lucca." No Beti! 
Beti, Orin and I will continue with our shows now, we look forward to hopefully two nights away this month, (Ian willing!) she has three champ shows left in puppy classes .. and then that's it. We have very little in July, it's always a quiet month, and hopefully we'll be too busy for shows in August and September!