Monday 24 June 2024

Blackpool

Not our most successful day in the ring at Blackpool, but I guess the Sieger will take some beating! Still a lovely day with great friends, thanks to all for making it what it was.
The confusion of the judging will always remain in my head .. Should Beti have been 1st or 5th? I guess you had to be there to see it. Beti was in a class of 8 ... 5 were shortlisted and as he moved them round she was in first place. He took them round about 3 - 4 times and then stopped them, by then Beti had caught up with the last bitch .. the judge said "as they stand," so had he realised that the bitch who he previously had at the front was now at the back? So yeah the question of the day was "Should Beti have been 1st or 5th?" I don't know, and never will. 
In Orin's class he had him running in 2nd place, then moved him down behind a male who on the day was a tad sluggish and heavy, but then said Orin was a "Beautiful moving male." Yeah didn't get it!  
To be told last night by two people in know that this experienced and knowledgable dog man now has early dementia has saddened me, but it has also left me questioning what happened further, especially with Beti!