Friday 10 February 2023

Zeus

It took well over a week for Zeus to even start to regain trust in me. He was uncomfortable in my company and wouldn't even take toast from me, from either hand. Though he did everything I asked regarding going in and out, changing rooms and going to his crate etc, we didn't interact at all. Something made him uncomfortable, and we both agreed it was best to let him come round by himself. A worried dog can be unsafe and pushing myself on him may well have made matters worse so basically I carried on with life and ignored him.  After about a week he started to play with that irritating red ball when I was in the room and when I offered him the toast he leaned forward warily and took it. Last night he cuddled into me on the sofa and this morning he jumped up on me, I guess we are friends again now. I think we handled it correctly, though I'd love to know what upset him so much, I suggest it can only be the stressful situation here followed by the wounds on my hand! Any other ideas on a post card please ....