Sunday 5 February 2023

35 Days

Ziva had one fit last night. We didn't see it, we were in the next room, but we could tell from her behaviour that she was just coming round from one. It must have happened between 8.15pm and 8.40pm. Steve had gone through to get his meds at 8.15pm, she was relaxed and sleeping, but when I went to go for a shower at about 8.40pm her eyes were like saucers, she was pacing, panting and distressed. Loki also seemed very distressed, I guess it was the first time he'd witnessed it. I opened the door for them to go out, but Ziva was just pacing, as she does.  I called Steve for a second opinion and he agreed instantly that she had had a fit. I gave her her 9pm meal with medication and popped her in the cage choosing to put the light off to see if she's settle - she did!
It was 35 days since her last fit, she then had a cluster of them, as she did the first time. This can't have been an aggressive fit as we'd have heard, wouldn't we? All I can hope is that the dose of medication is on the right level now and controlling things a little better?