Tuesday 14 February 2023

The Beautiful One

What a beautiful shot of our lovely Zeus. I will try harder to edit it and remove the head collar. But of course I now partly regret sharing it as I'm inundated with messages about showing him. Look he is stunning, an absolutely beautiful pet dog, but I do not want to campaign a dog that is not correctly constructed. If I only had him, maybe it would be different, but I have Sammi, Kaiah, Orin and Siska who are all still more than capable of winning at any level. So I will never show Zeus, his feet are 10 to 2, his pasterns and hocks are weak, and he paces on the move. I do not want to campaign a dog like that, I want to thrive for correctness. Zeus is a beautiful looking dog, but he is a beautiful looking pet. His brother is far superior in construction and movement, and to be honest his character is better too. 
This was the photo that I originally took, I cropped out the headshot, if you doubt me look at the feet, pasters and hocks! Why would I pay the expensive entry fees when I know this dog will not win, and neither should he ... handsomest dog, yes, but he's not show dog material, and I can say that, I bred him, I own him .. and despite his idiosyncrasies, I do love him.