Monday, 31 August 2026

Zavi Progressing

My little man is coming on well. His head again looks a little narrow and pointy, but at this age it's far too early to predict. Thankfully he has his mother's feet and eyes, but he does remind me of Orin at the same age. His coat is slow coming through; they say thicker coats take longer, which makes sense as Kate, who's less coated, is already wearing her new jacket. At the moment he doesn't have the forward reach that Orin had at the same age - we can only hope it comes with time. 
I have a feeling Zavi may lose his ears now as he gets close to the age to start teething, but they do seem strong, so I'm hopeful they will not be a concern. 


This bottom photo is of Orin at exactly the same age, you can see that his head was broader, and as I've said from very early on, his eyes were not as close together. I do wonder if Zavi's head will be less broad; if it is then it's something to watch for in future, especially as I was told by a BSD exhibitor that it would be something they would look for for correct head proportions. They obviously have very different head planes to a GSD. Time will tell.