Thursday, 27 August 2026

Van Looking Great

This old crate has been with me from Blanik Bus No. 1. I had hoped to paint it before it went into the Trafic, but because it was a couple of extra weeks arriving, well I didn't get time. 

Excuse the dirty footprints but after 6 hrs of rain that is yet to sink into the ground, well, it couldn't be helped. The mat I initially had in the walkway is now under the cage and no sooner had I put the other mat down than it disappeared into Mr S' shed! 
The new Savic cages are a little bit more expensive than I would normally pay for a cage, but they are at the top of the standard sizes and have the extra height we needed to the length and width. The crate, called a Savic Dog Residence and is 91 x 61 x 71 Cm (L x W x H). A standard large crate is usually nearer 66 cm in height, (though they can vary from 63cms to 71cms) . The girls will fit comfortably into these Savic crates, though when possible, Meerah will be travelling in the back in the old crates!