Saturday afternoon I asked Steve what was sore on the back of my neck. He said it looked like I'd scratched and taken the top off a skin tag. Twenty-four hours later it was becoming more sore, but I didn't think much more of it, but yesterday evening it was very uncomfortable. I asked Steve to look again; yeah, he said it's Ok, but I asked him to take a photo of it. OMG it's a bloody tick! How did he not notice? I asked him to remove it, but he said, "I don't know how you always remove them!" Well Mr S you have to do it, I got him a pair of tweezers and told him he had to try. He was still adamant it wasn't a tick, but I'd seen the photo – I knew it was! I have to confess it was really sore. but he got it out. I think I'll have much more sympathy for the pets now when I remove them!
After washing the area with soap and water, we washed it again with TCP and water and then added germolene cream. Let's hope it heals nicely now and that it wasn't carrying anything nasty!
