Saturday 21 September 2024

Where The Heart Is

I was in the top field with Orin and Siska last night and was treated to this amazing view of our little cottage. OK so the weather sometimes batters us, and yeah it would be lovely to have a modern house that can be warm with a flick of a switch, but would I swap? Would I hell. Every Blanik has been born and raised here, and the ones who stayed and are no longer with us are in the garden. So much love, happiness, heartbreak and sadness all within these walls. 
"Lle i enaid gael llonydd."
Today we took the little guys to mum's. Her spotlessly clean yard maybe small, but it's secure and safe. She has no pets and no visiting pets other than mine! The pups did so well and though initially taken aback they were soon exploring inside and out. I was very wary as "shitgate" continues after they got through the fence and found cat poo ... but I have them on rice and fish or boiled chicken and I'm adding pro-kolin. The girls who started first are now almost sorted, but Jet is a day behind. No one is ill, but bless them, they now know what it's like to be hungry. I remember vet Rachel telling me that I could give the J litter up to 6 small meals of light diet a day .. so yeah, that's what I'm doing.