Monday 28 August 2023

The Journey

The journey down to Monmouth on a Bank Holiday weekend was not something I'd been looking forward to, but needs must and when a puppy is ready to go the sooner the better. I think most GSD breeders agree that as a breed they are ready to go at 7 weeks, after all, what do they learn after that? Well how to play dirty, how to bite harder and how to eat poo, but the law is the law! The traffic was not as bad as we expected, with no hold-ups till we got south of Builth ... a serious accident was blocking the road both ways. Luckily, we were able to turn round, switch the Sat Nav to mute and follow Google Maps. It added about 30 mins to the journey, which I guess wasn't too bad! For the first time ever we made it around that roundabout first time. I was ready with my phone to take a photo of a hill I'd noticed 2 weeks ago .. and with the photo taken I was able to find out what it was all about. "The Welsh phrase “daw eto ddail ar fryn” cut into bracken on Bryn Arw near the Herefordshire-Monmouthshire border translates as “again leaves come on a hill.” Plant Trees guys, and if you can't bring one here! 
Beti was waiting for us in the kitchen with her Mum. I would have loved to see everyone again but with us now late and the family busy it was not possible. Beti was a little subdued and a little distant. I was concerned, but I need not have been because she's full of fun and life here, a very happy young lady.
Whilst I was away Siska had ripped her nail. She is feeling a little sorry for herself right now and I'm unsure what to do about it, if anything!