Monday 14 August 2023

One For The Ladies

Baby Pink (L/C) - Orange (Beti) - Dark Pink

A lovely drive through rural Wales along a route we regularly travel to shows, down through Builth Wells and Abergavenny coming straight to the roundabout from hell. Don't get me wrong, to the untrained eye it looks like a normal roundabout, but be aware of its trickery ... wherever you want to go it first makes you go all the way round and then regularly pretends you are taking the right turning off, but then it laughs at you because it's always leads you the wrong way. Even needing a different turn-off yesterday, it still fooled us! lol My Kite total must have come close to 10 yesterday, there were quite a few together around the feeding station, but no matter how many I see I'm still in awe of their beauty.
We arrived at the huge farmhouse around 15 mins later than planned, I blame that roundabout! A stunning setting in rural Monmouthshire with widespread view towards the Brecon Beacons in the distance. I'd never been so far over to South East Wales before, but yeah I will be going back. The pups were asleep in the barn where they spend their day. Katrina had already arrived, but they had left them to sleep till we got there. We got to see all the litter then took the three girls up to the garden. I was impressed with both the S/C girls and immediately knew that either of them was worthy of being Beti. I decided to concentrate on them, and leave the L/C girl for Diane, though she had said she didn't mind, I knew what she's hoped for! I watched and looked and I swear I couldn't really pick the "outstanding" puppy, both were lovely. Dark Pink had always been my favourites in photos, but of course Orange (was red) hadn't previously been in the equation. Eventually, Katrina announced "Oh I can't chose, which do you like?" Yeah, I chose Orange, and Katrina said, that fine I'm happy with either, I like both, I'll have Dark Pink. WOW, yeah I'm over the moon. 
So why did I pick her over Dark Pink? Hell, honestly I don't know the toss of a coin, just that something about her that I liked. So let's hope for a happy successful future for Pinchmill Adira of Blanik.