Saturday 5 August 2023

Broken

Well the headaches started over a week ago, definitely before Leeds Champ show but it was just annoying until Wednesday afternoon that's when everything got out of control! 
Initially mostly on the right side of my head with one area being particularly tender. It then went to feel like my skull was being squeezed from both sides, with my history I was in a real panic and the right side of my neck hurt as well. (Another classic symptom of SAH) Of course I overthink it, and with it still lingering, I guess I still am. Any how I think this time Dr. Google has helped ... 
"Tension headache (also called a muscle-contraction headache). Tension headaches happen when stressed-out head or neck muscles squeeze too hard. This causes pain often described as: feeling as though someone is pressing or squeezing on the front, back, or both sides of the head." I have to confess that if this continues for many more days then I'll have to see my GP, if that is possible of course!
This morning I've had some more news that has left me questioning the future. Emma has rung to say that the purple collar puppy has broken/fractured her tail. She now has a kink in it and a lump underneath. Her vet is not concerned and she is monitoring the situation. The vet suggests Zoe could have landed on the tail as she jumped into the box. I really appreciate Emma's honesty and know full well how easy that can happen. Some of you will recall Simba, (in the photos) and that's exactly what happened to him. You can clearly see the kink and lump in this photo. My vet told me that it was already healing and nothing could be done to straighten it. Hell it was not a problem to him and he lived till 13, but he could never have been a show dog. So now purple bitch is highly likely to be out of the running and unless something changes it will not give me a choice, I will be left with the L/C. How do I feel about that? Well it's not a disaster, in my head Beti has always heavily coated (though not L/C) and very red ... but regardless of coat she will have to be constructionally promising if I'm to have her! I have been in the situation of not having a choice in my own litters twice before, Tali and Kaiah both certainly turned out OK didn't they. So yeah common sense hat on next week and see what I think then eh!