Friday 24 March 2023

Now You See What I Mean?


I would never put this photo to be judged on Facebook, though of course the position is obviously exaggerated here, but great to prove a point. From this angel you can surely see the narrowness in the chest, splaying of the legs, the weak pasterns, and the ten to two feet? I still don't get it, why is this such a classic fault in L/C GSD's when most are born from S/C parents. Zeus was one of 8 surviving puppies born, 7 S/C and he, the L/C. Is it something to do with the L/C gene? It's not coincidence, too many unrelated L/C's have this fault - so to someone like me looking in, it must be to do with the L/C gene that carries from S/C parents. I cringe seeing animals like this in the ring, and cringe even more when they beat us, but that's another story. So as beautiful as he is, as they are, I really can't see past this serious fault. Light eyes and untidy croups will never stop a dog doing a days work, but those legs and feet? Well to me that's a different story.