Saturday 8 January 2022

Almost A Birthday

Tomorrow the L litter will be 12 months old. Mostly Siska has been a darling, but currently she's a shitty teenager. She's confident, cocky and full of self-importance. Personality wise she's not really who I thought she would be, that is not a complaint, it's an observation. Siska is almost a replica of her mother at the same age .. a bloody handful. Oh, don't get me wrong, she's adorable, she loves people and is a pleasure to take anywhere, she's good off the lead and generally well-behaved at home, but within the pack she has visions of great self-promotion. I think in a home with one male or as a single pet she may well be as close to perfect a pet as you could get. I do worry that she and her mum may well end up butting heads - they really are so alike. Only Orin really has put Siska in her place, she pushes her luck with everyone, but when O retaliated she was quite shocked. I'm glad she has respect for at least one of the other dogs! 
I'm hopeful that I'll get photos of all the "L litter" to share over the next few days. It makes my day to see them and hear about how they are doing. Then in turn I'm  able to share them with other people who are interested in the Blanik adventures. 
Ross is still being a bit of a knob with Siska after her season, I've tried to explain to him that it's all over, but he doesn't seem to believe me! Orin is so pleased to be back within the pack, he's been tormenting his mum and winding Kaiah up no end, and of course demanding his cuddles and hugs. He's such a big softie, but I'm sure he'd be first in the queue to look after me if needs be. 
Whilst Siska was at the peak of her season we needed to move her away from Loki so that he didn't get stressed, not a problem during the day, but we had to adjust things at night. We ended up putting Siska in Jezi's crate and taking Jezi to the bedroom overnight. I thought Jezi would be thrilled, but she's not best pleased really. Steve and I are happy for her to continue sleeping with us and Nico .. but I'm really not sure if it's what she wants, I think she prefers her crate. I told you she was a strange one!