Monday, 21 September 2026

Puppies

I appreciate that most of can't read this, but this lovely little pup is missing, presumed stolen from Rhosgadfan. The how it happened is not for me to question or judge, the fact is the pup has been removed from her home. How heartbreaking.
Rhosgadfan is the next village across from us, so yes, I'm pretty scared about it all. I know Zavi is never out on his own, and if Beti's overprotective nature of him at the last show is anything to go by, well, no one will get near him, but the ifs and buts continue to float around my mind. I can't think of much worse to be honest!
Anyway, what do you think of this chap? No, he's not anyone I know. If I had a 6-month-old puppy that looked like this now, I'd be devastated, but my purpose of this post is not to belittle anyone's dog. When I look at this dog, I see exactly what Blade looked like at this age, just legs and head, actually his head is very similar to Blades ... I know this chap is sable, but honestly I just see a young Blade, and at the time I thought he was perfect. The guy who owns the dog has shared the post as he hopes to show him. (He lives in America I think) What can you say? Well I just said, I look forward to seeing him when he fills his frame. I really hope he does exactly what Blade did and becomes a strong, unexaggerated, beautiful male. Buying a dog knowing what I know now, would I go to Blade's breeder? Hell no, but I'm glad that at the time I did! 
I suppose we all start somewhere. Blade was a little older here, maybe going on for 18 months, just starting to fill out, but as I said, all head and legs. I guess he had a little more length in his loin as he got older, he certainly wasn't short-coupled. A GSD needs a little bit of length; a short loin can restrict the reach of the hindquarters, meaning the dog cannot extend properly at a trot. To compensate for this lack of reach, the dog will often resort to pacing as a more energy-efficient gait. Dexi was just a little short in the loin and would pace at times too, and because his underline was short, he had a tendency to raise his overline. Not pulling my dog to bits, he was one of the best, better constructed than Blade, but there is no perfect dog out there! (Well, Louis was perfect in my eye... LOL)