Monday, 21 September 2026

Fencing

I'm glad to say the sheep haven't been back since they were chased, but of course they probably will be back! Ian helped me untangle the mesh on Saturday, I could never have done it alone, and Steve and I put the mesh up yesterday. It's only one wall, and we were short of about about 8 ft at the top of the field near the boncan. I feel we have done a pretty decent job, but there are still places to strengthen along this wall. I've ordered more of the metal bars, they are only £16 for 10 and they really do a great job. Whilst the sheep will never get over this fencing, strengthening it to stop twat sheep and her lamb breaking through it will be imperative. Then we start on wall two! 
A freshly brushed Orin now watching sheep in the photo, something he never did! Honestly I've had buckets of hair from him - but he still looks fab.