Sunday, 13 September 2026

Sunday On The Mountain

A happy first walk with Meerah and Zavi. Obviously we didn't go far, but I want to keep him walking with different dogs so today Meerah was in charge. 
Some great "Waits" from Zavi for photos.
Though Sammi is happy to walk with Zeus and happy to be with him in the garden and middle room, she really doesn't want to spend time alone in the bedroom with him. It's sad to see really, she'll turn tail and go off into the crate in the utility room rather than sit with him on the bed! I must admit I've seen what goes on, so I don't blame her!
There's always a walk that makes me stressed; it's not often Ross and Beti, but it was today! They nearly pulled me over and the number of times we all got tangled was just ridiculous. I guess neither are used to being on the lead on the mountain, but Sundays are no better on there. The traffic up to the shooting range was never-ending; the cows, with calves were up there as well as the usual sheep, and of course the Sunday walkers! Remind me next weekend why I don't walk on the mountain on a Sunday!
I got Orin and Siska out of the van just as two men wandered up towards us. I've no idea why but Orin kicked off. As Steve always tells me, you are a woman walking dogs in remote places; don't tell them off for barking if they are uncomfortable with someone. Even as they walked away, he continued to bark, really not like him. 
This photo made me giggle. The plan was that they would both go onto a different slate. Siska had another plan and I left her to it!
With every walk it got warmer; after yesterday, who would have believed I'd have been walking in a T.shirt today!