Saturday 2 March 2019

Prospective

Following the show it's been a week of initial disillusion and disbelief following the bad sportsmanship which really showed it's ugly head at the show and to be honest ruined the moment for some of us. (Well it did for me anyway) Then as the week went on it became less poignant, banter and humor took over, especially at the hypocritical post regarding supporting each other. Even yesterday I was told the behaviour had been the subject of conversation at a work place of one exhibitor. More and more people are discussing it, such a shame, the person involved has only made themselves look stupid haven't they!
Then everything is brought into prospective ... friends, lovely friends have lost a puppy. Not yet 12 months old and beautiful Remi, Ross' friend has died. As yet no one knows why and her owners are obviously not in the mood to discuss it, all we know is that she was cruelly taken without warning. I can't imagine the heartache these lovely people are going through at the loss of their beautiful baby ... I can't imagine anything worse than to loose a youngster. It's hard enough to loose an oldie, but you have comfort that they have, hopefully, lived a full and happy life and that you have had the pleasure of sharing your life with them and have given them the world. So many plans, hopes and dreams shattered with the loss of a youngster, a huge loss, devastating heartache. They are simply broken, how do you ever come back from that?
I sit her now, Sammi by my side, Ross at my feet .. the room is full of faces anticipating the walk that will surely follow. My beautiful family do me proud in the show ring, but if they never win again as long as they are here, healthy and happy then my life is complete .. anything else is just a bonus. The shows are simply a hobby, a way of spending more quality time with my beautiful dogs and mostly like minded people
Walks done and a lazy afternoon ahead .. what would we do? Where would we be without sharing our lives with these wonderful precious creatures?