Monday 9 September 2013

It's Been A Year ....

9.9.12
..... since I went to NWA with 4 dogs and came home with 5. And what a life changing day that was. He's such an adorable boy, without fail Nico warms up my heart, he makes me smile everyday, he's a beautiful cuddly dog with a huge character, a happy disposition and a love of life beyond compare. At the risk of repeating myself, Heather Macdonald and David Greer I can't ever thank you enough for allow me to share my life with this truly wonderful dog.

9.9.13
I remember so clearly the first time I set eyes on him. I'd hardly slept for weeks and had butterfly's in my stomach all morning. I watched the door so carefully just waiting for that first glimpse of him. Was that him I wondered? But no I realised the dog I was looking at was Conbhairean Freddie, closely related, but not him. All of a sudden by the door I saw him, and from photos I'd received I recognised him, a bounding puppy like young male came bouncing into the room, OMG it was him. Emotion took over and I welled up with tears as he went into the ring. I couldn't believe it, that beautiful beautiful dog was actually mine! It was around this time that I realised that my tears were contagious, Sharon and Linda were now crying too. I watched his performance in the ring, and then as he waited his turn Nico and I made eye contact which lasted for quite a few seconds. I mouthed "Hello" to him, he cocked his head slightly, before returning his attention to the matter in hand. I was tense but so happy, seeing him win had me beaming with delight and such pride. What I kept telling myself was ... "this is My dog." He came out of the ring and went back to the lady he presumed was still his owner. I got my wish, a private first moment with my new boy, we had a huge cuddle, he greeted me with great enthusiasm, as if I was his long lost friend, so I cried .... again!
9.9.13
Putting him in the van to bring him home gave me a real realty check, this was really happening,I was this lucky; little did I know then how blessed I would really be. Anyone who can be bothered to takes the time to know Nico loves him, if you haven't then believe me your the one missing out. He may not be a "Blanik" born and bred but he has given so much to our lives and hopefully soon he will add his stamp to our bloodlines, something that will stay with Blanik forever.
Nico your a HUGE star and a pleasure to live with and love. Thank you for everything you give me .... The best decisions are sometimes made in haste, I'm so pleased I made this decision. My beautiful beautiful, funny, goofy boy,I love you more than words can say ....