Tuesday 29 December 2020

Breeding Plans

After commenting yesterday that Kaiah would have to go on the lead at the beginning of the walk if she didn't start taking things a little slower, she was more stead today. It's great that she feel like going full pelt but safer not to, especial in the ice today.
I didn't walk too far from home either, but I felt that as she going quite well, slow and steady that we would mooch in a circle around the property rather than walk off into the distance. The snow on the grass was crunch and easy to walk on, but far more slippery on the tracks. When we got home Kaiah had her lunch, and as usually we all had our afternoon nap! 
Again I have more interest in males from this litter, though some people are flexible in their choice other have a definite idea of what they want, as is their right, and as do I! With Orin only 9 months old it would be unwise of me to keep a male, and I've always said I want to keep my bitch line going through Kaiah. The LSH question always comes about. I would prefer a SC, but if the LSH was obviously the better bitch then I would consider it. I do admire the LSH, but I am a genuine SC enthusiast. With Kaiah and Sisco carrying the LSH gene then 25% of the litter should be LSH ... as it should have been with Sammi to Sisco but as you know we only had the one there. 
Chatting last night I realised that Sisco is the only male I've ever used twice. It's not a repeat mating, but the bloodlines clicked so well with the mother, then theoretically they should with the daughter. Now this is a question, how will Orin be related to these pups? They will have the same father but his half sister will be their mother. Hmmm best I don't try and figure it out, it'll be like something off Jeremy Kyle! 
I do regret not using Arko Vom Hunhnegrab twice, his litter to Nikki was superb, but her second litter to Fablehalf Arazi was very average. Still we live and learn. To date we have only had 11 litters from 7 bitches over a 25 year period so not exactly flooding the market! Kaiah's litter, the 12th litter is due within days of the 25th anniversary of the birth of the "A" litter - Dexi, Seffe, Aria, Rocky and gang were born on the 10/1/96.