Saturday 29 June 2019

From Wales To Windsor

Yesterday we made the long trip to Windsor. The journey down was cool, windy and cloudy but monotonously boring from one motorway to another. I think we have been accustomed to finding far more scenic routes to our champ shows recently. The sat nav once again had the timing spot on at 4 hrs 30 mins .. with google maps being way out at 5hrs 18 mins .. Odd that.
The show setting was beautiful as was what we saw of Windsor. Loki like me struggles in the heat and by the time he was in the ring the sun was cracking the flags. The judge said he lacked drive on the day .. agree... but at least he wasn't last! 
As you can see from the photo Kaiah gave everything she had with a fantastic performance and I was pleased to see her make the final cut out of 13 bitches present in her class .. but sadly she wasn't in the cards. Disappointed, yes, but very very proud of my little lady, actually I was very proud of both who behaved impeccably all day ... but there is one apology I must make to a Beardie owner .. It was Kaiah who ate the bowl of food you life by the side of your crate to give your dog later, I'm sorry as I was watching the dog CC and not concentrating on her .. she's not sorry but says thank you. 
The gifts presented to all the exhibitors by the judge are wonderful, what a lovely thing to do!
 The journey home was horrible and never ending , hot, congestion, accidents ... more congestion, but the van as ever stayed cool in the back for the dogs who slept on their wet towels until we all had a meal in Llangollen ... and I got to say hi to the cat and share my fish with her again! (It's a good thing Jamie doesn't live near a chippy!) 
 Would I go again? Well I have been futher South, Paignton and Richmond .. so yeah but maybe not on a weekday!