Wednesday 16 January 2019

Practicing

Loki, Kaiah and Ross 
Kaiah practicing her "Wait .. Wait ... fecking wait there or I'll get a big shitty stick to beat you with exercise." She's doing OK today ...lol
Ok I confess I'm practicing with the camera too 
I've thrown the kong and they are off
 Go Ross baby go
looks like Loki was last and I didn't get run over!
Yes I'm sat on my butt on the floor, but waterproof trousers are all that's needed. 
The "Continuous shots" are never quite as crystal clear and I got 5 or 6 on the camera from that rock down, the phone would probably have taken 50. Far too many for me to be bothered with. 
For me doing these kind of exercises again bring in the importance of my days as an Obedience instructor and using Stay and Wait as two different commands. Stay means Stay ... your life depends on you staying there. Wait is a more flexible command .. wait until I call you or until I give you the next command. It really is important to have both commands and the dog quickly learns the difference. The trouble with Kaiah is she'll wait until she decides she has something better to do! The bright ones are always a handful.