Friday 23 March 2018

Almost a Crisis

Jezi now in competition with her mum for the greediest Blanik
Yesterday evening at the end of our meal I sat patiently waiting for Steve to finish his meal. We always have Nico and Jezi in the living room at this time as they can be trusted to behave, usually. I've mentioned before I have a water spray on the table next to me to keep the cats out of my food. Seeing it is usually enough for good manners. Before discovering the water spray I'd sooner eat with the dogs than the cats in the room any day. Greedy cats are so cheeky!
Anyway it was the end of the meal, and against house rules Steve gave his left over Garlic bread to Jezi and Nico. Before I could think Jezi flew over and grabbed the chicken bones off my plate. I panicked, threw my plate onto the floor and grabbed her by the top jaw pushing my other hand deep into her mouth I managed to retrieve one bone quite quickly, but I couldn't feel the other bone. With heart sinking I let go of her and was just saying to Steve, she bloody swallowed it when she quickly started chewing again. Grabbing her top and bottom jaws with separate hands I tried to shake the bone forward .. somehow I got it out of her gob and a crisis was averted. 
This is not the first time Jezi has snatched something off my plate. She once took a hot sausage and swallowed it whole, only to vomit it up whole about 30 mins later! Actually we use to let them eat the lefts overs and lick the plates every night but stopped it due to Jezi's bad manners of coming closer and closer to your plate .. but yeah the water spray did work with her too. I'm afraid after last night we'll both have to honor house rules .. no titbits at tea time!