Tuesday 16 February 2016

My Super Duper Stud Dog

Last night there was a conversation in dog club about Nico, and his offspring, I wasn't originally involved in the conversation, but I could hear it going on ... (at the time I was hiding in a corridor as Ian tried to get the best out of Loki.) It all started as the assessor for the night complimented Loki' on his beautiful head and expression, a club member replied by saying "his sire really is stamping his mark on his progeny!" Aww that was nice!
Well just my opinion - Nico has produced super puppies to bitches of pet quality with a mixed bag of pedigrees, I'd love him to be used more on show line bitches, like Ziva and Milli as I think he could produce something outstanding. Loki's mum's pedigree is an inconsistent mixture of show line, working type, working police dogs and something I can't find out anything about... and look at the puppies! Another 2 of the bitches had pedigrees that were a mystery to me, but they too were  stunning litters ... Margo the sable bitch from one litter is lovely, and very true to "Nico" type whilst Hans the singleton is outstanding .... but hairy!!!
I know I'm fussy with the bitches that visit him and have turned down 3 in the last few months, they must be standard coloured,  health tested and be sound in mind and body, but really I don't think that's too much to ask. Sadly I can't use him again, unless for some reason Sammi doesn't conceive, then I would breed from Ziva and Nico again ... but that is hopefully not likely to happen. (well unless I leave them together when him indoors is out and say nothing until it's too late ... too devious???)
Anyway he's still a young guy, so hopefully there is still chance of some show-line bitches coming to him in the future ...