Thursday 27 March 2014

Paranoia

The silent puppy is not necessarily resting, relaxing or enjoying the view, its far more likely that she's pulling the draft proofing off the door, shredding a cushion or worse still, she gone! (Yep she has found another way through into the field.) Just normal puppy behaviour that keeps me on my toes and makes me smile. In the morning she gives her mother hell, hanging off her neck or biting her back leg, and when her mother's had enough and tries to escape she starts on her Gran ... avoiding her great Gran like the plague as she's the only one that will "tell her" and really spoil her fun!
But still, courtesy of the dear vet I'm paranoid. "Why is she quiet this afternoon? Did she limp then? Why did she do this? Why did she do that?" It's a horrible feeling, and when I'm "unclamping" her teeth off my jacket or screaming "leave the bloody cat alone" I know there is nothing wrong with her; but that seed of doubt is buried deep within and keeps nagging away at me . I'm glad it's not just me, Steve says he also feels the same, he's constantly watching for anything different from normal puppy behaviour. Really these people have a lot to answer for, he's not spoilt my enjoyment of Sammi, but he could so easily have done. But things are different, I am a little over cautious with her physically, I worry about her being knocked over, I worry when she's bouncing off the furniture as the sweet child was doing this morning!!! But as long as she's not completely OTT I do try not to stop her, I just worry about it!!! I know, I know spare my the lecture, I'm sensible enough (well mostly..lol) and I'm sure as the weeks pass we will return to normal,  that vet and his negativity will just be a distant fading memory. Just one more comment/observation .. had we seen a another vet that day life could all be so different!