Thursday, 23 July 2026

Sammi Had A Fall

Beti, Ross, Meerah
Sammi and Zeus
A lovely couple of walks on home ground today. I did set off up the mountain, but there were sheep scattered everywhere, so it was safer to walk towards Llyn Ffynhonnau. I must get down there soon, maybe not now in case there is algae in the lake, maybe in the Autumn! 
Sammi was a little stiff today, but I did know why. Yesterday she took a tumble as she misjudged her footing on the way down the boncan. I didn't see it; I just heard her sigh and squeak, and as I turned round I saw her getting up. I called her, and she ran towards me for a reassuring hug. She seemed fine yesterday and still had no difficulty getting into the van today but I did think she wasn't her usual self. I've no idea why she misjudged yesterday, but I'm more tempted to think that it was running too quickly downhill with possibly/probably some vision changes.