Tuesday 25 December 2018

Bloody People

Whilst on my second walk today the man I refer to as Bull Terrier man came to meet me on the track. I called the girls back and put them on the lead. As he approached he didn't put the Staffie on the lead and it came straight towards the girls. I called out to him "they are not nice." He grabbed the pup by the collar took her a few steps and let go so she came back. He grabbed her again walked a few steps and didn't say a word to me!  He didn't bother with a lead and she kept turning back and staring at the girls before eventually going on with him. What is it with these people who don't use leads .. are they just trying to be clever? Because they sure are not, they are only putting their dogs and others in danger.
I can't deny it, I was absolutely seething and felt like shouting out "a fucking merry xmas to you too!" What a twat. I try and respect all other dog walkers and always put mine on the lead and move them to the side where possible, all I ask is mutual respect. Steve says I shouldn't say my girls are "Not nice" as they are nice, they just don't like other dogs coming in their faces, but I find it's the statement that gets owners to react the quickest. Seriously though I don't want the pup bitten and I don't want mine feeling pushed into reacting aggressively, all it takes is a bit of respect and common sense. When I say pup by the way .. she's not a tiny baby, she must be going on for 12 months and she's a bloody big staffie or maybe even an American Bulldog cross Staff.
I have nothing but hassle with this couple on walks, his wife/partner is just as ignorant and difficult and I dread seeing their car park anywhere near where I want to go. In almost 25 years I've never had hassle with anyone else here, I avoid them when I can but that is not always possible .. like I said a little bit of mutual respect is all I ask.