Saturday 21 October 2017

Tali's Not Well

This morning, probably for the first time ever Tali has not eaten her breakfast. I had commented to friends last week that she looked a little bloated, but she was OK. We discussed it at club on Thursday and I asked people if they'd noticed in the photo I published on Facebook mid week? No one had. So after coming home I double checked and she felt Ok really, as she did yesterday ... but today she is definitely bloated and quite flat in herself. She was also drinking a lot first thing as she did one day earlier in the week, but that has stopped now and she's sleeping. I replaced her breakfast with a piece of fish which she ate, so at least she's had her medication for the morning.
All I can hope is that this is part of her IBS and that maybe she's got trapped wind which is giving her stomach cramps. I have some Omeprazole and some Zitac, but I'm not sure which if any are what she needs so I'm wary of giving them to her. I guess the next step is to do some googling and then see if she'll eat at lunch time and if she is less distended by then.
I really hate it when my dogs are getting old, or as the case may be are old!