Saturday 11 January 2014

Now The Fun Begins!

Due to my lack of concentration when setting the alarm I was not awoken at 3am to check on the pups. (had left the bloody thing on Friday!!! Duh) When I woke up at 5.20 am it was an immediate panic and a rush to the kitchen. Ziva and 5 of her babies were sleeping peacefully in the whelping box.... and number 6? Number 6 was fast asleep on Ziva's vet bed outside the box!
I'd been watching Jingle over the last three days as she's tried and failed to pull her self over, she had also spent a fair bit of time sitting at the edge ... just watching. In 8 litters it has always been a bitch that has made it out first, from Seffe in the first litter to Jezi record breaking escape at 2 weeks and 1 day in the last litter. So it had to be Jingle right? Wrong! OMG ...  It was puppy Noel. I would never have believe it, and I've just put him back in the box for the 5th time this morning. No doubt the rest will now soon follow ......