Thursday, 8 October 2026

At Club And Weights

Beautiful Kate at club last night. She is a lovely young girl, lovely colour and coat. A little heavier than I would have her, but that's personal choice at this age, here's hoping for a great future in the ring for her. 
Zavi was over the moon to see Owen. He did a fab job of handling him and Kate. With luck and good fortune, Owen has the potential to be one of the breed's top handlers! 
Paranoid about the fact that Kate is still bigger than Zavi, I decided to weigh him at the vets today. Their scales are much more accurate than mine. He was 21.4kg - after coming home I checked Orin's weight at 5 months. (There was no mid-month measurement.) He was 56cms at the wither and weighed 24.2kg. Zavi is not 5 months till the 24th, by then I would imagine he'll be 23 - 24 kg, but I don't think he'll be quite that tall, he's about 52.5cms at the moment! So yeah, I'm happy with that! I do find that females slow down after 6 months; actually, it's said they grow roughly 2.5cms after 6 months, and males grow approx. 5 cm. (Though no one told Meerah!) 
I really don't mind if he ends up a smaller male than Orin. Actually, 63 - 64 cms would be ideal! 
This ear is still pissing about, I guess I'll have to wait now whilst he's teething!