Monday 18 April 2016

Panic Stations

On Thursday whilst brushing Mikey I found a lump on his back, just above his hip. The kind of lump you couldn't really miss for very long. Large, hard and not loose on the skin. Panic set in but out of character fot me I decided to stick my head in the sand for a few days and make a vet appointment for today. I can't help it I'm ever the pessimist when it comes to these things, and maybe selfishly I just wanted to get on with my Week End without having bad news!
Anyway this morning yet again I faced my fears and took Mikey to see the vet! Steve and I did not seem to think that it hurt him, but the vet obviously squeezed harder and he did seem to be very unhappy about it all. The vet is hopeful that it's a torn muscle, but obviously also had to point out the worst case scenario. If it is a tumor in the muscle, because of the location then they will not be able to operate. Mikey has meds for a week and he wants to see him again in three weeks!
I was quite shocked to discover that Mikey was 42kg, I knew he was a little overweight, but I didn't expect him to be that heavy. I did agree with the vet that he needs to be under 40kg! He asked several times if he was fit .. I guess he was wondering if his activity level had changed at all ... nope he's still my lovable knob head. I felt so sorry for him this morning as from his excitement he really did seem to think he was on the way to a show!
Anyway lets just hope this is something and nothing, maybe he did it on a style in Cwn Dulyn? He is quite clumsy there really. Keep thinking positive thoughts for my boy please ...