Wednesday 7 January 2015

We Three Babies Today ....


Sammi was off colour yesterday. I was a bit concerned I have to admit. She is 4 weeks after day 12 of her season, by that I mean if she was pregnant it would be about day 28 of the pregnancy, a day when things often change. But in the "un-mated" bitch there can also be some behavioural/ hormonal changes. Sammi has been a little odd since her season, nothing new there, most of these bitches behave differently after their season. But Sammi was quite yesterday, vomiting froth and didn't eat all day, not even treats! (apparently when this happens around day 28 it's a good indication of pregnancy!!!) Anyway I guess I always hope it's just hormones playing up and not the dreaded pyometra.  I took her temperature and that was normal and there was no obvious signs of a discharge so that did easy my mind. Today she seems back to normal .. I do hope she's not going in for a full phantom pregnancy, that would be pretty unsettling for her. Hopefully she'll be no worse than Jezi and just miss the odd meal, or even better be like her mum and not leave a crumb!
Little Loki has ears today. I'm not getting excited, he's had ears for a day or two before. We will just see how things go now!
The middle photo is "our Junior." He must be around 9 months now. My scraggy little kitten is quite the handsome young man these days!