Tuesday 28 July 2009

Older


Finlay - My Sunshine
As the second half of the year begins the painful anniversary's of 2007 still haunt me. They approach quickly and thankfully pass me by with less vigor this year. With two gone and another two to face My sunshine shines brightly and keeps my feet firmly on the ground. No doubt there where very few smiles in 2007. George was one moment of sheer pleasure. The 15th of June 2007 was certainly a day to remember. George Michael dancing in the rain was truly a sight I will never forget. I dream of seeing him again..but if I'm not that blessed my memories will stay with me forever.
This week there is also another anniversary, during that painful year a little sunshine came into my life. There are question that will never be answered. Why does he dislike large black dogs? Who hit him across the face ...and why? What reason is there to ever justify that? What is the fascination with flashing light? Who encouraged him to play with a torch light? Why does he have to be invited or almost persuaded into a strange room or building? Lots of questions but I guess there will never be answers ... But really as long as he's happy now then really the past is of little importance. He certainly seems to be a happy chappy, and my God he makes us happy. Yeah 2 years "Older" but he'll always be the Sunshine that came into my life on a rainy day...